Sunday, August 21, 2011

200 ponies by Christmas...oh my word!

So my husband, Brady, & I were walking down the aisles of Target looking for the brand new My Little Pony sets. He spots the set I'm after first, so as I'm doing a "YAY" dance holding my new ponies, he jokes, "Do you realize how happy our kid will be someday? Surrounded in all of these toys!"

It hit me @ that moment that we were blessed to be able to afford these ponies, so how selfish was I making sure only I was able to celebrate in the "pony love"? What about all the kids out there that couldn't get the ponies, cause they're sick & in the hospital? What about the kids whose parents simply could NOT afford them?

I set a goal @ that moment. I will (hopefully) be able to buy 200 My Little Ponies by Christmas time. Figuring the sets must be delivered to the various outlets I wanna drop them like St. Jude's Children Hospital here in the area, as well as donating to the amazing people @ "Angel Tree" which can be found in the local malls. Donating 100 ponies to each of these amazing charities will guarantee that @ least 200 different kids will get to share in the happiness that a person gets when they see those adorable lil ponies in their hands.

I'm figuring we must buy around 10 ponies a week. I can generally handle that during the summer months (I work in air conditioning...in Texas. Yup. Summer months are good to me!), but winter months may set me back a bit, but 200 is the goal & I will make this happen no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment